DHSA believes that the establishment of trust and privacy is instrumental to the continued growth of the Internet. We also believe that the efficient collection, use and transfer of information serve to enhance the development of the Internet and electronic commerce, provided that such information is handled in a fair and responsible manner.
In order to inform you of our policies and activities with respect to the collection, use and transfer of personal data on the Internet, DHSA is providing you with an electronic copy of this Policy. In this capacity, each of these DHSA entities is registered with appropriate data protection authorities with respect to the processing of personal data via such websites.
In this Policy, “Personal Data” means information which relates to an individual and which identifies that individual, either directly or indirectly (together with other information that is reasonably likely to come into DHSA’s possession), such as your name, e-mail address or telephone number.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, you can visit DHSA websites without providing any Personal Data about yourself. However, for accessing some parts of our websites, such as downloading certain documents, or in connection with another specific purpose, we may need to collect Personal Data from you. Providing Personal Data to us in these events is voluntary. If you do not provide Personal Data to us, then you will not be able to benefit from the respective functionality offered by our websites, such as communication, downloading of documents or recruitment. The purposes, for which your Personal Data is collected, are described below, along with a brief description of how your Personal Data may be handled in each case.
- Communicating with you. We will follow up on comments and other requests that you submit to us through our website, such as online queries or registering your attendance at a conference. This may include calling you back by telephone or communicating with you via email.
- Direct marketing and promotion. Direct marketing and/or promotional efforts by or on behalf ofDHSA may include providing you with specific information that you have requested online or providing more general information about otherDHSA offerings.Â When we collect Personal Data for direct marketing or promotional purposes, however, we generally offer you appropriate choices regarding the use of your Personal Data.
- Recruitment. If you submit a resume or job application online, we will use your Personal Data for recruitment-related purposes, which may include contacting you via email, telephone or post. In some cases, you may be required to register on our website in order that you may track the progress of your application online. Except where you request otherwise,DHSA may keep your Personal Data on file for an appropriate time in order to consider you for other employment opportunities withDHSA in the future.
- Supplier administration. SomeDHSA websites enable third-party suppliers to register their interest in supplying products and services toDHSA. We will use this Personal Data in connection with entering into or performing a transaction with the supplier and for other procurement-related purposes.
- Discussion forums. If you choose to participate inDHSA discussion forums or chat rooms then, in some cases, you may be required to register certain details, such as your name and email address. You should also be aware that your comments may be made broadly available to others, inside or outside DHSA, depending on which particular discussion forum or chat room you are accessing.
- Maintaining the website and conducting customer satisfaction surveys. We will use your Personal Data in order to maintain and improve our website. We may also use your Personal Data in order to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- Compiling aggregate statistics regarding the use of its website.
Cookies and clicktrails
DHSA is a global organization. Whilst we have distinct legal entities (e.g., country subsidiaries) in many parts of the world, our internal processes and infrastructure are international in scope and nature and generally cross country borders. Accordingly, you should be aware that we may share your Personal Data inside DHSA and transfer it to countries in the world where we have data centres or otherwise do business, including those located outside the European Union (EU). Some of these countries do not have specific data protection laws and so may provide less legal protection for your Personal Data. In these instances, DHSA will process your Personal Data in the manner described by this Policy and in accordance with applicable law.
Like many organisations, we use third-party suppliers to collect, use and otherwise process Personal Data on our behalf. Our practice is to require such third parties to handle Personal Data in accordance with DHSA’s privacy and security policies
Sensitive Personal Data
As a general rule, DHSA does not collect “Sensitive Personal Data” through its website. “Sensitive Personal Data” means Personal Data concerning racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or concerning health or sex life. By volunteering unsolicited sensitive Personal Data to us (e.g., by submitting your resume or a job application online), you expressly consent to your Personal Data being used as described in this Policy.
Accessing, correcting, updating and deleting Personal Data
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, or would like to request a copy of your Personal Data, then please fill-in this form. Also, if you consider your Personal Data to be incorrect or wish to have it deleted, then please either sign-in and update, correct or delete your profile on our website or fill-in this form so that DHSA may make any necessary updates, corrections and/or deletions.
Data security and integrity
DHSA uses various technological and procedural security measures in order to protect the Personal Data we collect, use or transfer from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. However, you should be aware that, due to the open and unsecured character of the Internet, DHSA can not be responsible for the security of transmissions of the Personal Data over the Internet.
Notification of changes to this Policy
This Policy was last updated on March 1st 2012. In order to check updates to this Policy, please consult this page on a regular basis.